for 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons Ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup boiling water (60 mL)
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 cup ice (140 g)
- 4 oz vodka (115 g)
- 2 oz coffee liqueur (55 g), such as Kahlúa®
- 1 oz simple syrup (25 g)
- Make the dalgona coffee: In a large bowl, combine the instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water. Whisk or beat with an electric hand mixer until the mixture increases in volume and medium to stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1–2 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature before using, about 30 minutes. Leftover syrup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Make the coffee martini: In a cocktail shaker or resealable jar, combine the ice, vodka, coffee liqueur, and simple syrup and shake for 30 seconds, until well combined and cold.
- Strain the cocktail between 2 martini glasses. Dollop the dalgona coffee on top of the cocktail and spread evenly to the edges of the glass.
- Stir the dalgona coffee into the cocktail before drinking.